LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for September at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron.
Each family will receive nutritional food such as tuna, baked beans, potatoes, cereal and fresh apples, peppers and tomatoes. The program began in February and is funded as part of Gov. Rick Snyder’s $28 million supplemental budget request signed in January.
Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. Upcoming dates are:
- Thursday, Sept. 1, at 1 p.m. – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Thursday, Sept. 1, at 10:30 a.m. – Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Friday, Sept. 2, at, at noon – Jackson Memorial Church of God in Christ, G-3155 W. Carpenter Road.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 11 a.m. – Bethel United Methodist Church of Christ, 1309 Ballenger Highway.
- Wednesday, Sept. 7, at noon – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, at noon – Reaching the World, 68156 Verdun St.
- Friday Sept. 9, at noon – St. Luke New Life Center, 3115 Lawndale St.
- Saturday, Sept. 10, at 10 a.m. – Hardenbrook Park, 2700 Alexander St. (Hosted by Salem Lutheran Church)
- Monday, Sept. 12, at noon – Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Monday, Sept. 12, at noon – Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, 1133 E. Bristol Road.
- Monday, Sept. 12, at noon – Mid Michigan Community Outreach, 901 Chippewa St.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, at noon, Metropolitan Baptist Church, 930 E. Myrtle Ave.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, at noon – Church Without Walls, 6202 Dupont St.
- Thursday, Sept. 15, at noon – Prince of Peace Missionary Baptist Church, 1417 N. Stevenson St.
- Friday, Sept. 16, at noon – Dort Oak Park, 4601 Clio Road.
- Saturday, Sept. 17, at 11 a.m. – Flint Islamic Center, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, at noon – Carriage Town Ministries, 605 Garland Ave.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, at noon – No Greater Faith Missionary Baptist Church, 778 E. Holbrook Ave.
- Thursday, Sept. 22, at noon – Foss Avenue Baptist Church, 1159 E. Foss Ave.
- Friday Sept. 23, at noon – My Brother’s Keeper, 101 N. Grand Traverse Blvd.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 1 p.m. – New Birth Church, 3918 Blackington Ave.
- Thursday, Sept. 29, at 11 a.m. – Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway.
- Friday, Sept. 30, at 2 p.m. – Vermont Christian Church, 1201 Lippincott Blvd.
- Friday, Sept. 30, at 4 p.m. – West Court Street Church of God, 2920 W. Court St.
Information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information, visit the Food Bank website or call 810-239-4441.